Community Service Chair Gary Nushida received a wonderful email today thanking him and fellow Hawaii Chapter member Yuet Oy (Ella) Au for volunteering this past Saturday for HUGS.
Here is the email message from Joseph Mirikitani-Florendo (Bank of Hawaii).
“Hi Gary and Ella,
Thought you both might like to see how the event went. It was a great success!
On behalf of the 2016 Bank Associates, we would like to thank each and every one of you for volunteering your time to come out this past Saturday to provide Help for HUGS. We understand how difficult some of the activities were, so we thank you for putting in your full effort. We were able to complete everything we set out to do as well as other tasks we didn’t think we would have time for. As a class, we developed a connection to this organization, so we are grateful to have had all of your support! You all did an amazing job!
If you haven’t done so yet, please click the following link: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dZ7ooiGGRok
We have created a 2 minute video of the event and what we accomplished!”
Thank you Gary and Ella for taking time out of your busy schedules to help such a great organization.
Hawaii Prince Hotel Waikiki and Golf Club currently has job opportunities. Please click the link below to see the positions that are available.
Visit https://www.princeresortshawaii.com/hawaii-hospitality-careers to review each job description.
If you would like to apply, email your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax your resume to 808-944-4418, or walk-in to fill out an application. You may stop down Monday through Friday from 9 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Download job posting flyer
Aloha members! Our next donation drive will be for this coming Friday, November 4, 2016. Gary Nushida will chair this endeavor and is collecting personal hygiene items such as bath amenities and toiletries.
If you are able to donate any items, please contact Gary at 808-228-2269 or via email at email@example.com.
Mahalo for your continued support of the IEHA – Hawaii Chapter and its dedication to assisting other members in our community.
Please click on the link below for detailed information about a job opportunity available at Hilton Waikiki Beach Hotel.
For more details or to submit a resume expressing interest in the position, please contact Jin Lee at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Do you know a special IEHA member or student who deserves recognition? IEHA has several opportunities to recognize high performers and achievers.
IEHA is filled with thousands of hard-working individuals who work tirelessly to push their teams, their Association and the cleaning industry ahead. Now, you can recognize these individuals through IEHA’s Annual Awards program. Winners will be recognized at IEHA’s 50th Conference and Convention in October.
The Spartan Scholarship Award is a $1,500 scholarship to IEHA members and their families toward their continuing education. Learn more or download the application here. Nominations will be accepted through July 25, 2016.
The Margaret Barnes Diamond Award was established in 1988 as a national outstanding member award. This honor is presented to a person who has made outstanding contributions continually over an extended period to the field of cleaning, maintenance, housekeeping, groundskeeping, safety and/or indoor environmental management, the Association and its advancement; has rendered meritorious service to all areas of IEHA, and has written articles showing unusual insight and importance to the industry. Download the nomination form here. Nominations will be accepted through Aug. 14, 2016.
IEHA Board of Directors and Staff
Aloha members! Here are several job opportunities if you are interested. Please reach out to the appropriate contacts for consideration. Mahalo!
Queen Kapiolani Hotel – Executive Housekeeper
Contact General Manager Jeff Perkins 808-931-4401
Ala Moana Hotel – Assistant Housekeeper
Contact Executive Housekeeper Toni Ah Sing 808-944-4320
Kahala Resort & Spa – Housekeeping Supervisor
Contact Assistant Director Corey Higaki 808-864-6195
Luana Waikiki Hotel – Executive Housekeeper
Send resume to email@example.com
We’re not even into summer yet, so it seems hard to believe that in just a few short months, we’ll be heading to Chicago for our 50th Conference and Convention! With a wide range of speakers covering topics ranging from leadership to operations, sustainability to managing your online brand, we have 12 hours of education planned that you won’t want to miss.
And while there will be plenty of education and professional development activity, we also have several networking and social events on the agenda so you can have a little fun too! Click here for more information and to register. Early bird registrants save $200 when you reserve your spot by Wednesday, June 1, 2016.
Use the links below to get PDF copies of the convention details and schedule (tentative and subject to change).
Convention Registration Information
Convention Schedule at a Glance
Don’t miss out on this wonderful educational and networking opportunity. Hope to see you there!
The Executive Housekeeper directs the daily operations of the housekeeping department. Responsibilities include training, tools and supplies, support to staff, and creating a safe work environment. The Executive Housekeeper implements and maintains a service and management philosophy which assists the housekeeping staff in achieving a high standard of cleanliness of the property and adhering to the safety standards of Aqua Hotels and Resorts.
(Core duties or tasks which are fundamental and not marginal to the performance of the job. Listed in order of importance and the approximate amount of time to spent each duty or task.)
- Verify room status on AM report; report discrepant rooms; prioritize and update status of check-out rooms.
- Distribute assignment sheets, room keys and communication equipment to designated staff. Maintain accurate records of assignments for security.
- Inspect all check-out rooms and 50% of stayover rooms cleaned by assigned room attendants using designated checklist to ensure rooms are up to hotel standards and follow up with necessary corrections/counseling.
- Inspect public areas, restrooms, meeting and office space at least twice a day to ensure cleanliness utilizing designated checklist.
- Monitor and respond to guest complaints to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Provide feedback to staff on performance/disciplinary problems through one-on-one sessions as well as monthly departmental meetings.
- Complete all paperwork and closing duties before leaving. Review status of assignments/PM report and any follow-up action necessary.
- Conduct weekly supply audits to ensure all hotel suppliers are at adequate par levels.
- Oversee the cleaning of all guest rooms and public spaces within the hotel to include meeting space, restrooms, lobby, mezzanine and all guest room hallways.
- Oversee the maintenance, cleaning, inventory, and purchase of guestroom linens/bedding.
- Responsible for the upkeep, audit and maintenance of the department’s fire/life safety program including key control.
- Prepare departmental payroll.
- Oversee the hotel Lost and Found procedures.
- Schedule all housekeeping staff in accordance with occupancy levels and labor guidelines.
- Participate in the hiring process in terms of recruitment and selection.
- Schedule all periodic major cleaning projects for guest rooms, public spaces and meeting spaces.
- Assist in the scheduling of cleaning of all meeting rooms after a completed function.
- Coordinate with Catering and Event manager to ensure all meeting room functions are properly set up according to the requests indicated on the meeting room/event function sheets.
- Communicate with the Front Desk, Sales, and Maintenance Departments to ensure a high quality product and service level is delivered to our guests.
- Order, stock and maintain inventory of any room supplies and cleaning supplies, following budgetary guidelines. Complies with the hotel’s purchasing procedures.
- Assist in the development and execution of department training to educate employees on how to safely and thoroughly perform their tasks.
- Maintain high quality of housekeeping standards in: a) the guest rooms; b) linens and uniforms; c) lost and found; d) laundry; and e) janitorial houseperson and night cleaners.
- Insure courteous, professional guest service by housekeeping staff, complying with Aqua Hotels and Resorts service standards.
- Assist Room Attendants with guest room cleaning if required by hotel.
- Support Aqua’s core values and mission statement.
- Conduct monthly staff meeting.
All other miscellaneous responsibilities as assigned and deemed appropriate by management.
(Necessary skills, degrees, certification required for core job function.)
- Two years previous experience as Assistant Executive Housekeeper or one year as Executive Housekeeper.
- Knowledge of proper cleaning techniques including requirements and use of equipment.
- Knowledge of proper and safe chemical handling.
- Ability to satisfactorily communicate in English (speak, read, write) with both guests and co-workers.
- Ability to perform assigned duties with attention to detail, speed, accuracy, follow-through, courtesy, cooperation, and minimum amount of supervision.
- Ability to: a) maintain hotel standards, policies and procedures, b) prioritize and organize work assignments, direct performance of assigned staff and follow up with corrections where needed.
- Ability to work a variety of varying schedules.
- Punctuality and regular and reliable attendance.
- Interpersonal skills and the ability to work well with co-workers and the public.
- College graduate.
- Guest relations training.
- Additional language skills.
All qualified candidates may apply via this link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=2186001
The Service Companies is looking to fill permanent job positions in Kona at the Four Seasons Hualalai Resort.
- Public Areas and Night Kitchen Cleaners
- Project Supervisor (in charge of six employees)
These jobs are not through Four Seasons directly but for the subcontractor of night cleaning and public areas and kitchens.
If you are interested, please forward your resume with confidence to:
West Coast Vice President of Operations
The Service Companies
Title: Executive Housekeeper
Property Description: Prestigious, four-star luxury resort consisting of 300+ rooms and suites, offering a wide array of amenities including golf, tennis, extensive water sports and full-service top rated spa.
Organization: Prestigious, international, collection of luxury four-five star hotels and resorts.
Requires: Minimum of two years as executive housekeeper or director of housekeeping at a comparable luxury class 4-star/5-star hotel or resort.
Successful candidate should possess a stable work history with progressive responsibility. Strong communicative and organizational skills are a must. Ability to maintain the highest of standards is essential.
Compensation: Annual compensation range of $80-85K plus bonus and competitive benefits program.
Special Note: This is truly an exceptional opportunity to be part of one of our industry’s most dynamic and growing organizations. Enjoy this beautiful environment while advancing your career in a positive professional culture with exceptional standards and exceptional stability.
Contact: All resumes and inquiries will be held in the strictest of confidence.
Sewell B. Pappas | Managing Director
Alpha Resource Group